Have you gotten your flu shot yet? Do you “get” flu shots? If the answers to those questions are “NO,” there’s new research that says you might want to reconsider.
New Reasons to Get the Flu Shot
In this NBC4 video, Dr. Jackie Eghrari-Sabet, an allergy doctor at Family ENT, Allergy & Asthma Center with offices in Gaithersburg, Olney, and Frederick, MD,discusses new reasons why you should make sure to get a flu shot.
- New research out of Toronto… says the flu vaccine not only protects you against possibly serious complications….it may also cut the risk of “ heart attack” or “stroke” in HALF. How?
- So are we talking about reducing heart attack and stroke risk in “healthy” people… or folks who are already sick?
- And if you suffer from conditions like diabetes or asthma, is it doubly important to get a flu shot?
- Researchers in the UK are now pushing flu shots for kids between the ages of 5-16…not just for the very young, the very old and those at highest risk. Why THIS group?
- If you GET the flu…what are the new drugs in the works?
- There are many people who swear that flu shots MAKE them sick. What’s your advice to them?