The Difference Between Measles and Rash
The measles outbreak has a lot of people talking and it’s raised a lot of questions about our children’s health.
In this NBC4 video, Dr. Jackie Eghrari-Sabet, of Family ENT, Allergy & Asthma Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland, explains how you can tell the difference between a child’s rash and measles, and answers some of our questions:
- How easy is it to confuse measles with rash or something else?
- What are the long-term effects of this potentially fatal virus?
- With measles spreading like it is, aren’t babies that are not to be vaccinated until they’re at least a year old at much higher risk now?
- How risky is some parents’ choice to “delay” vaccinations?
- Should a woman who gets the vaccine “wait” to get pregnant?
- Who, for medical reasons, should NOT get the vaccine?