Dr. Jackie on how and why antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs are being used to treat more than your mental health
More doctors than ever are prescribing antidepressants and anti-anxiety drugs for patients who aren’t suffering from mental health issues.
In this NBC4 video, Dr. Jackie Eghrari-Sabet, of Family ENT, Allergy & Asthma Center in Gaithersburg, Maryland, explains how and why these drugs are being used to treat more than your mental health and talks about:
- A list of common conditions, besides depression and anxiety, these medications are used to treat
- How some of these “physical” problems can be “linked” with mental health problems
- How and why many doctors are prescribing these drugs to treat “pain.”
- What are the the risks and side effects of antidepressants
- How to choose which doctor to see?